Heidi Mendoza is a PhD researcher at VU Amsterdam. Her PhD research focuses on the past and future qualitative storylines of drought-to-flood events as part of the PerfectSTORM Project (‘STOrylines of futuRe extreMes’).
She has a BSc in Development Communication, Minor in Agricultural Economics (2013); and a MSc in Development Communication, Major in Environmental Science (2018) both from the University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB). Before joining VU, she worked at Forest Foundation Philippines, and at UPLB. Her work at Forest Foundation led to forming new landscape governance frameworks, and arrangements in select Philippine landscapes; and policy guidelines for Philippine community forest rights. Her work at UPLB pioneered research methodologies on combining social farming contexts with crop models, and with remotely-sensed agricultural monitoring systems.
- Mendoza, H., Cruz, S. (2020). From Foresight to Power: Reimagining Futures of Land and Water Governance in the Philippines. Manuscript submitted for publication.
- Kusters, K., Graaf, M.D., Buck, L., Galido, K., Maindo, A.; Mendoza, H., Nghi, T.H.; Purwanto, E., Zagt, R. (2020). Inclusive Landscape Governance for Sustainable Development: Assessment Methodology and Lessons for Civil Society Organizations. Land 2020, 9, 128. https://doi.org/10.3390/land9040128
- Labios, R.V., L.S. Sebastian, J.D. Labios, and C.M.B. Santos. (2019). Compendium of Climate-Resilient Agriculture Technologies and Approaches in the Philippines. Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), College, Los Baños, Laguna, Philippines; and Wageningen, the Netherlands: CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS). (Contributor)
- Cabangbang, R.P., Espaldon, M.V.O., Mendoza, H., Lacson, J.A.M., Ducusin, R.J.C., Eslava, D.F.E., Dorado, M.A., Ballaran, V.G., Ebuenga, M.D., Khan, C.L., Salazar, B.M., Protacio, C.M., Aguilar, E.A., Bato, V.A. (2019). “Paving the Pathway for Cimate-smart Agriculture among Small-scale Farmers in the Philippines.” In Climate Smart Agriculture for the Small-Scale Farmers in the Asian and Pacific Region, edited by Shirato, Y. and Hasebe, Y. Tsukuba, Japan: National Agriculture and Food Research Organization (NARO).
- Espaldon, M.V.O., Mendoza, H., Quiray, A.E., Dorado, M.A. (2018). “Using Digital Technology in Enhancing Climate Resilience of Philippine Agriculture: The SARAI-Enhanced Monitoring System.” In Policy Enabling Environment for Climate Change Adaptation: Some Experiences in Southeast Asia, edited by Percy Sajise, Rodel Lasco et al. Philippines: Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA).
PerfectSTORM has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement number ERC-2020-StG 948601
Instituut voor Milieuvraagstukken (IVM) /
Institute for Environmental Studies
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
De Boelelaan 1111, 1081 HV Amsterdam